If you would like to hire one or more of the facilities, please read the information below:
Download the provisional Booking Form
Download the Hire Charges
Download the Lettings Policy
Terms and Conditions of hire and use of rooms at QE Park Centre
1) A provisional booking may be made with QE Park Baptist Church (QEPBC) by phone or email: 01483 235185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please confirm all arrangements using the attached form at least three weeks before the date of use.
2) a) For one-off events, fees of less than £100 are due at the time of booking. For fees over this amount, a deposit of £100 is due at the time of booking and the balance is due prior to the event, to be paid on receipt of an invoice.
b) For regular bookings, fees will be invoiced in advance. Billing is generally monthly or half-termly by arrangement.
3) In addition to payment, a separate returnable ‘security deposit’ of £50 may be requested 2-3 weeks before the hire date, preferably as cash or a cheque made out to QE Park Baptist Church, . This serves as security against potential breakage/damage or should the need arise to clean the Centre after your event. Cheques will be shredded one week after the event, provided there is no reason to claim on the security deposit. Cash deposits can be collected from the Centre during office opening hours.
4) In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, QEPBC reserves the right to charge:-
The full hire fee for less than 7 days’ notice
50% of the full hire fee for less than 21 days’ notice.
If QEPBC is obliged to cancel a confirmed booking due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, its liability to the Hirer will be limited to returning any fees paid.
5) Prior to the event, arrangements will be made regarding entry to the Centre.
6) Parking for the Centre is available in the marked bays. These are situated in two blocks; one behind the Centre building (adjacent to the Tesco car park) and one behind the Tesco building (adjacent to the Nuffield Health car park). Parking in front of the Centre is permitted ONLY for loading/unloading, after which vehicles MUST be moved to a designated parking space. Do not park on the pavements or paved areas around the Centre. Please be considerate of the safety of other drivers and pedestrians in the area at all times.
7) While you are using the Centre you are responsible for:-
Centre security both during the period of hire and as you leave (please keep the main Centre door closed once all of your group have arrived).
Your guests and their good behaviour, leaving rooms you have used clean and tidy with chairs, tables, etc stacked away as found, and strictly preventing the use of tape, or anything else which may cause damage to paintwork on the walls. Glitter is also not to be used in the Centre. Cleaning equipment for the Main Hall floor can be found behind the blue screens, next to the corner cupboard. For the carpets, there are carpet sweepers in the hall and at the near end of the top floor corridor. All rubbish (including nappies) is to be taken away or put into the large dumpy bin outside the back of the Centre.
Reporting any breakages or damage to the Church Office.
Paying for the costs of damage, repair or replacement to contents or the Centre.
Switching off the lights & heaters and shutting windows & doors when you leave (top floor Velux windows may be left slightly open in very hot weather). Please ensure that the doors are shut and can only be accessed by entering the key code.
8) Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Centre or in the proximity of an outside door. No animals are permitted inside the Centre except for Guide Dogs, other than by prior arrangement.
9) There are wall heaters in all of the rooms, for use in the winter months. Press the Boost button to turn on for ¼, ½, 1 or 2 hours. All heaters must be turned off before leaving the building.
10) Out of consideration for our neighbours you are asked to ensure that nothing happens to disturb them. All functions, therefore, must end by 10.30pm weekdays (11.00pm Saturday) and the Centre must be vacated by 11pm (11.30pm Saturday). Windows should be kept closed after 10pm if playing music or using the PA system. Sound equipment must also be kept at a level low enough so as not to cause disturbance to other hirers.
11) Alcohol may be served by prior arrangement with the Church Office. As QEPBC does not hold a licence, alcohol must not be sold in the Centre.
12) The Centre is not licensed for public performances, public dances or public discos. It is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to seek such licence or notice as is required.
13) Any equipment brought in by the Hirer should be safe to use, satisfy all regulatory requirements and is used at the Hirer’s own risk.
14) The Hirer is not permitted to use the premises for any unlawful purpose and can only use the Centre for the purpose described in the agreement. The Hirer must not sublet the Centre or any part of it.
15) The Church Administrators or any other authorised official on duty have the right to refuse admission to any person considered to be a potential risk to individuals or property.
It is the responsibility of every Hirer to ensure that adequate arrangements exist in relation to any use involving children and/or vulnerable adults. The Hirer warrants to QEPBC that such arrangements exist and will be in place during any booking. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times whilst on the premises.
Fire Regulations and Safety
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to familiarise him/herself, and to advise those in their group, as to the fire safety regulations for the building, location of fire exits and location and use of fire protection and detection equipment. Fire equipment should not be misused and fire escape routes must not be restricted. Flammable substances and equipment utilising naked flame are not permitted in the Centre. The Hirer should keep a register of names, to be used in the event of an evacuation.
Use of Kitchen
Use of the kitchen is not exclusive unless by prior arrangement.
It is advisable that food is prepared by those who hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. In any event, the person making the booking will be responsible for ensuring the safety of catering for that event.
After using the kitchen please ensure that everything is clean and put away before you leave.
For safety reasons please do not allow children under the age of 11 into the kitchen area.
First Aid boxes are to be found in the kitchen and on the upstairs landing by the Large Meeting Room. Please record any incident/accident in the book provided.
QEPBC accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of personal injury suffered at the Centre or in connection with the use of these facilities, or in respect of the loss of or damage to property suffered at the Centre or in connection with its use. Neither the property of Hirers nor their guests are insured by QEPBC.
QEPBC operates a Lettings Policy to ensure that any potential use does not conflict with its charitable purposes. This is available on our website or from the Church Office. QEPBC reserves the right to refuse a booking if we feel it conflicts with our Lettings Policy.